Information on IT Support including Configuration and Setup:
THE JOINING PROCESS
SOFTWARE INSTALL HOW TOs
1. Can I backup different files, folders, registry keys, databases at a time?
Yes. A backup set can contain an unlimited number of backup items. You can mix as many backup items as you need.
2. Can I backup my Outlook Express profile with DSG Backup 2006?
Yes. DSG Backup 2006 can backup Outlook Express profiles. In addition DSG Backup supports the most popular email and instant messenger clients and other popular programs, like FireFox, Mozilla, Thunderbird, The Bat!, ICQ, Trillian and more.
3. Does DSG Backup 2006 do incremental, differential and full backups?
Yes. DSG Backup 2006 supports full, incremental (just recent additions) and differential (changes only) backups.
4. DSG Backup 2006 supports incremental, differential and full backups. What happens when I change the backup type?
You can always change between full, incremental and differential backup types. If you change from incremental to differentinal, next time the program will make a full backup.
5. Does DSG Backup 2006 work with Windows XP Service Pack 2?
Yes. DSG Backup 2006 (all versions) works with Windows XP Service Pack 2.
6. Can I use DSG Backup 2006 to backup my entire system?
DSG Backup 2006 is mainly designed to make frequent backups of your important files and folders. You should use the specially designed system program to backup your system. Windows XP users can use Sytem Restore utility to save and restore their system state.
7. Can I use DSG Backup 2006 to synchronize the files of an FTP server?
Yes. DSG Backup 2006 can synchronize with our secure server. You can mirror your local directory, or you can make bi-directional synchronization.
8. Does DSG Backup 2006 allow multiple versions of each backup file?
Yes. This is an important feature. DSG Backup 2006 maintains a library containing a history of backup jobs and the files contained in each backup run. The items of the library are called archives. An archive is created after every backup run. This feature offers a clear view over backup set history and allows you to keep track of file versions.
9. Can I set up a different schedule for a profile?
Yes. You can set up multiple schedules for a profile. For example: full backup for the 1st of the month and incremental backup on week-ends.
10. Can DSG Backup 2006 save the log files after each backup run?
DSG Backup 2006 generates a log file during the backup process. DSG Backup 2006 can save the log file to a specified directory and can send the log file to a specified email address. In addition major backup events can be added to the system application event log.